Table of Contents
Xytronic LF-853D Soldering Station
|Description: Soldering iron|
- This tool is used to melt solder with its soldering iron or hot air station. This multi function rework station has a max heat output of 900W and can be used for hot air, soldering, and desoldering.
- Safety Glasses, long pants, and closed-toed shoes must be worn in the workshop.
High Heat Hazard - This tool generates heat! Do not set directly on bench, do not leave tool operating without supervision. Do not touch the solder iron tip or heat gun tip.
Noxious Fumes - Solder fumes contain vaporized flux (rosin) and may contain trace heavy metals. These fumes can cause discomfort for some, and long-term exposure can manifest as adverse health effects, such as acute asthma. It is recommended to use one of the bench-top fume exhausts while soldering.
- Secure the workpiece using the soldering hands.
- Heat the joint/wire to be soldered.
- Apply solder to the joint/wire using the soldering iron. Apply heat until the temperature of the iron equilibrates.
- Remove the iron from the joint. Use the desoldering braid located in the soldering supply bin if desoldering is needed.
- If you are new to soldering and could use some tips, please contact the workshop staff or workshop manager, who would be happy to assist you.
Normal Operation: 300-360 C
Temperature Range: 150-480 C
xytornix_soldering_station.txt · Last modified: 2023/01/31 00:25 by bdincau