Table of Contents
Mini Drill Press
|Description: Mini drill press|
Micro drill press for use with small tools and drill bits on precision or fine work pieces. Features an unlimited speed control motor with high torque at low RPM.
- Safety glasses, close toe shoes, and long pants must be warn when operating the machine
- Metal chips can be incredibly sharp, do not touch any chips directly instead using an acid brush to remove chips
- Do not inhale any fumes resulting from drilling using oil
- Do NOT wear gloves during operation of machine
- Do not touch tool or spindle until the machine has stopped completely
- Layout and center punch the holes you wish to drill
- Insert drill bit into the drill chuck, tighten with the chuck key, and remove the chuck key before continuing. Note: Do not tighten the chuck by powering on the machine and do not leave the chuck key in the chuck. These are both extremely dangerous and unsafe practices.
- Align the holes with the drill bit and secure the part using the vice or the drill bed clamp.
- Adjust the work table to the appropriate height and lock securely.
- Check that the tool can spin freely and that it is clear of the part.
- Determine the proper feed rate and speed rate for the given hole/material. Adjust the machine to this speed. There is a chart in the SOP that can be found under “Reference Documentation”.
- Apply cutting lubricant to the part
- Turn the machine on
- Use peck drilling operations to drill the hole, remove material in 0.05 inch increments.
- Remove chips and swarf using a brush. Do not use a rag or your bare hands to remove chips.
- Apply additional cutting fluid as necessary throughout the operation
- Reduce pressure when breaking through to prevent damage to the tool and part. Use backing board to prevent the part from blowing out.
- Power down the machine when done. Do not attempt to slow the machine down by hand.
- Use a brush and/or rag to clean up any chips, shavings, and oil from the drill press and the surrounding areas.
- Return all tools to their proper location and power down the drill press. Tidy up the work area.
- 1/7 HP DC motor
- 1000-30,000 RPM variable speed control
- Capable of drilling .002“ to 5/32”
- Spindle run out within .0002“
- 4” X 4“ work table
- J0 spindle taper
mini_drill_press.txt · Last modified: 2023/01/06 01:30 by haley